Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


Well I have to say, it was the best Mother's Day I've had yet.  I don't know if Mike read my blog or he just happened to get it right.  He cooked every meal and didn't let me help with the kids when they asked for more drink or a fork or whatever.  I actually got to sit down and eat HOT pancakes for breakfast.  Mmmm.

The kids were SO well-behaved at church.  We haven't sat in the chapel for quite some time, mainly because we're not there on time but also because the little girls can't stay in the whole time, but this time we had to go inside because the primary kids were singing, and lo and behold we never once had to take Ashley or Reagan out.  Yea!!!  Kaitlyn and Mackenzie sang their Mother's Day song and then a Grandmother's song.  They loved the grandmother's song.  Mackenzie was on the verge of tears because my mom wasn't in the front row, but ME, well, who cares about me, right?  I'm just mean old boring Mom!  :)  Still, I was happy to see their shining faces.

After church and after lunch, Mackenzie insisted I take a nap so they could finish working on a project with dad.  Who are these people?  So I laid down for about an hour.  I didn't sleep too well but I was still thankful for the rest.

For dinner my mom came over, Mike grilled burgers, and the kids presented me with all my goodies!  I have always wanted Mike to have them make a nice craft for me but I have never said anything.  Those are the absolute best gifts. They made a stone that they painted. But they put the initials of each kid on it but didn't realize that the order they put it in spells MARK.  So that's a little strange.  Anyone who didn't know would wonder why on earth our little stone spells MARK at the top.  Just a coincidence.






And we topped off the day with a yummy chocolate cake that I picked out!  Just finished the last piece last night.  Man was it good!  So A+ for hubby and the kids on Mother's Day.  Ahhh, if only every day could be like that!

So here are a couple more of my favorite things of the day.  Look how cute these cards are that they made at school.  They took the picture inside a tunnel and then used it as the center of the flower!  So cute!



And then I love these question/answer cards they did at church:





Here are the questions with their answers:

Something my mom keeps in her purse:
M: diapers
K: stuff to keep the babies happy

My mom loves hamburgers from:
M: my dad
K: Wendy's

My mom's favorite TV show is:
M: (blank)
K: I don't know
Does this tell you that I don't get to watch anything if the kids are around?  No wonder I live for my shows at night!

My mom's favorite flavor of ice cream:
M: chocolate
K: cookies 'n cream
It's chocolate!

When my mom has alone time she likes to:
M: nap
K: check email
Notice "likes to" and "gets to" are two different things.

My mom is proud of me when I:
Both: clean the house
Heck yeah!!

My mom's favorite song:
M: (blank)
K: I don't know
Again, if it's not kidz bop or Disney I don't get to hear too much.  Beats listening to screaming and fighting any day!

I love my mom because:
M: she loves me
K: she takes care of me
We love those that love us, don't we all!  You bet!  I love them too!  They make me insane but they are THE BEST!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see a few more pictures of you. That's what I told Ryan I wanted for mother's day, proof that I did exist.

    Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got chills reading this! HOw wonderful! It sounds like a wonderful day and you look great! Nice to see you in a post! :)

    ReplyDelete