Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trunk or Treat and Trick or Treat

It was a great Halloween weekend that resulted in LOTS of candy!

Saturday night we went to the Trunk or Treat at our church. The cousins came too! Here's a photo of everyone together.



This snake charmer came with his own snake!  The girls thought that was pretty cool!



And here's my girls on Halloween night...



Reagan the cow....

I loved that she was a cow.  She had so much fun mooing all the time.  Though my brother I think said it best.  Her moo was like something you would hear in a cow graveyard.  She was so happy and pleased with her costume!



Ashley the "greem" butterfly...

She saw these wings at Walmart and just went crazy over them so wah-lah!  She too had a blast and wouldn't be still for one second, as always!  She got really good at sneaking in a second piece of candy out of everyone's trunks too. The funny thing is she was so selective about what she was getting but she has no idea what anything is!



Take 1: Mackenzie the cat...

She made a very cute cat! Until she came home and put a hole in her tights.



...Which is why she revolted when I told her she would have to wear black pants then on Halloween night. Then it turned into how she doesn't want to be a cat anymore because she doesn't look like herself.  I get that.  I never wanted anything changed or done to my hair or face when I was a kid. To this day the only face painting I have ever had was a half-an-inch heart painted near my eye at a Project Prom event.  But then again, she loves having her face painted.  Go figure.  Chalk it up to girl drama I guess.  Anyway, it was no problem. I just reminded her that she had a million princess dresses to choose from and she seemed happy with that.  Her selection....



...Take 2: Her fairy princess ballet costume!  Excellent choice! She was very pleased!


And Kaitlyn the vampire... 

Originally I bought her a vampiress outfit.  She was so disappointed in me.  What was I thinking?  You know, it's not that she wants to be a boy, but most 6-yr-olds don't really know about vampiresses.  They just know who Dracula is and that's about it. So that's what she wanted.  Just a plain old standard vampire costume.  She had fun getting into character. She did lots of spooky poses for me.



But my favorite is this one...all smiles with a bag full of candy!



The neatest part about Halloween was how we miraculously ended up with a bunch of other first graders from school.  Our neighborhood is kind of weird - it's so culturally diverse which is fine, but many of our neighbors are hard to get to know because they don't get out and socialize. So you have to find people around the corner or whatever. And we are slowly doing that.  This year, 2 of their school friends came by the house just as we were about to leave, so we went on together. No sooner did we round the corner than 2 more friends saw us and decided to catch up.  So it was really fun. We had this huge group and my kids have never been so fast trick-or-treating.  Usually they can't keep up and are ready to come home but this year they were running off like bolts of lightning.



It's a good thing Mike thought to bring Ashley & Reagan's limo.  Now that's what I call trick-or-treating in style!  They never once complained!  Now if I could just get Ashley to quit sneaking other people's candy and putting it into her own bucket!



And lastly, here is our door Halloween night.  How lame are we?  I bought more candy than ever before.  Took it all to the trunk or treat.  Told Mike we had plenty for both nights but that it was all coming with us just in case.  Well, he was the one handing out the candy at the trunk or treat and gave it all away!!  I couldn't help being irritated.  He said I told him we had plenty.  I don't really remember what all was said but men really are from Mars and women from Venus.  Mike and I don't get half of what the other is saying and pretty much don't think the same way at all on the little day-to-day stuff.



Anyway, it was a fun night.  I'm glad no one threw eggs at my door for being the lame house that LOOKS festive yet has nothing for ya!  Talk about a trick!

Now, onto the good holidays!!

1 comment:

  1. They all look fabulous! Super cute girls!

    This year I had no say over the costumes either. Of course they wanted to dress up as their favorite princess and fairy! And I'm OK with that.

    ReplyDelete