Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Life of Abundance


Sometimes I complain a lot. And if it’s on my blog or facebook, sometimes it’s hard to know when I’m really complaining or just making light of my crazy life. I like to point out all the insane things that constitute my reality, mostly so we can get a good laugh…

But deep in my heart, I am HUGELY grateful for a life of abundance! So this Thanksgiving week, I’m making a list of the things I’m grateful for. Of course the list could keep going but these are some of the highlights:

I’m grateful for…

The Savior and for God’s great plan for us to return to Him!

My 4 children!! They are healthy and they are miracles. We didn’t know if we would have ANY and we have had four healthy children.

A husband who is godly, works hard, and is a good man who can actually communicate and picks up after himself.

My family. All of it. Even the dysfunctional people.  I have a family that loves me and would do anything for me and my kids. And they are fun to be around!

Modern fertility treatments, the fact that they were successful, and the fact that we were financially able to pay for them.

Modern medicine.

Being a stay at home mom! I would not trade it for the world!

Living close to my parents and the help they constantly give me.

Not having to pack up all the kids and travel on holidays all the time. All of our family is here or within a few hours and I have a mom who cooks a feast for us every major holiday!

Financial stability in an unstable economy. Of course you never know but we have been blessed and do not lack for anything.

A pantry full of food.

HUGELY grateful to be a citizen of the best country in the history of the world. Our freedom should not be taken for granted!

Our armed forces and all those who put themselves in harm’s way for the rest of us.

An overall healthy body.

Living in a warm climate. The summers are brutal but I’m happy not to have to bundle up myself and 4 kids every time I leave the house for the next 4-5 months!

Good public schools!

My little girls being in preschool and me having some time to myself now.

Great friends I’ve made in my lifetime!

The way God has sustained me physically the last 7 years! I didn’t think my body could hold up to all it’s been through and yet I am still standing!

A good upbringing that has made me proud to be who I am.

Lots of trustworthy babysitters!

Dark chocolate, Dr. Pepper, and Mexican food!

Like I said, I could go on and on but the list hits the major points. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone eats a great feast, has a great time with family, and gets lots of rest!

2 comments:

  1. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I wish I could go to my mom's house on a whim! Unfortunately that happens only once every two - three years, since all my family still reside in South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, after reading your list, I realize I have a lot to be thankful for, as well. Sometimes I get too caught up in the "poor me" blues, but I too have many blessings in my life!

    Thanks for posting this...it's a good reminder for me as well!

    ReplyDelete