Wednesday, December 1, 2010

More Artwork...It's All About the Details

Last month I posted a few of Kaitlyn's pictures and charts she has drawn.  Well, for better effect, she has some new ones now that I thought I'd share.   Again, the details are what amaze me most, especially for a 6-year-old.

Here is her take on the movie "The Letter Factory."  (By the way, I HIGHLY recommend this video for toddlers and preschoolers.  Did I just say video?  Wow am I outdated.)




Our view of the house across the street.  I think she needs to add just a few more bricks and shingles.



The set and all the characters from "Blue's Clues."  Salt, Pepper, Shovel, Pail, Paprika...they're all there.



Her own winter scene.  Notice the hill - at the top there is a person wearing a Santa hat climbing over the hill and about to go sledding.  (Every detail in Kaitlyn's pictures means something.  Don't disregard anything in any picture. There is a reason for it.)



Another winter scene. I love this one most because if you look closely at the car that is driving down the road, it's sporting a set of antlers and a red nose, like our minivan will soon be adorning!  (See my post from last year...http://janakfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-level-of-uncoolness.html)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Kaitlyn is very talented. Her attention to detail is really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really amazing! She certainly does have incredible attention to detail, and I'd have to imagine a great memory and a lot of patience, too.

    ReplyDelete