Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Here is our Christmas letter this year...



Merry Christmas! We hope you are finding time to enjoy the season and honor the Savior, Christ our Lord! We have had an incredibly busy year, and I’m beginning to realize it’s true what they say – it only gets busier as the kids older!

Kaitlyn and Mackenzie (6) are in 1st grade this year. Both are taking tap, ballet, and gymnastics. They also received their first trophies this year – both in T-ball and in swim team. They are both really changing fast since they’ve entered 1st grade. Both are reading, Mackenzie has 2 loose teeth, and just yesterday Kaitlyn lost her first tooth after it being loose since the second week of school. I think she may have set a world record for longest time ever for a tooth to be loose and not actually fall out. Kaitlyn still loves to draw all the time and continues to amaze us by her mastery of detail in her pictures. Mackenzie’s new hobby this year has been piano. While she hasn’t taken any lessons yet, she mostly taught herself to play piano this summer with just a little guidance from her mom. She can play out of the most basic books and has even learned how to play a sharp or a flat!

Ashley and Reagan (almost 3) started their first year of preschool. They go twice a week and I get a much-needed break. They are enjoying it though dropping off is still hard to do. Ashley continues to keep us on our toes, but she has at least finally slowed down a bit. Now she just likes to act nutty all the time. She also seems to have taken on the role of baby of the family, relying on the rest of us to do everything for her, except when she’s terrorizing her sisters. Reagan, on the other hand, turned 2 and while she wasn’t terrible, she decided to come into her own. She has become such an independent and assertive little child. She can and will get into anything and has become very strong-willed. At the same time she continues to give us as many hugs as we will allow!

Mike’s workload has been really busy this year, and he is still working with the Boy Scout program through our church. In his spare time he cooks pancakes for the kids and has been teaching the big girls how to ride a bike! As for me, I am happy to finally be gaining at least a tiny bit of balance back into my life. When I’m not running errands I try to spend my free time just catching up on things in the house but that free time ends fast. I’m pretty sure it will still be some time before I am actually caught up but it’s a start. And it’s nice to be able to go to lunch once in a while! Otherwise I have really enjoyed keeping a blog about my crazy life! Feel free to check it out: http://janakfamily.blogspot.com.

Mike and I BOTH have enjoyed football season this year. We took the big girls to their first Aggie game to watch a win over OU and it’s been a lot of fun cheering for the Aggies when they are actually winning! Feels like back in the day! And TCU…what can we say? Can’t ask for much better of a year! Mike and I will be spending New Year’s Eve in L.A. for the Rose Bowl! Go Frogs and Go Ags!

Wishing you and your family rich blessings from above,

Kimberly, Mike, Kaitlyn, Mackenzie, Ashley & Reagan


Luke 2: 13-14 “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”

2 comments: