Sunday, December 5, 2010

What’s Next…Justin Bieber?

So the big girls are finally catching on to pop culture, especially Mackenzie. She’s been really into Taylor Swift for the last 6 months but suddenly she has caught on to Hannah Montana. I knew it would happen eventually but here it is. She’s already talking about how when she’s a teenager she’s going to do her room in all Hannah Montana and how cool she is, etc. She saw her show one time. That’s it.




And suddenly Kaitlyn and Mackenzie have an awareness about themselves and what others think. Several things they’ve said lately:

About a month ago I put a Dora bandaid on Mackenzie. In spite of the fact that she will happily watch it with her sisters, she told me it was going to be really embarrassing to be a 1st Grader wearing a Dora bandaid. Just last night I put a Barbie bandaid on her and she was relieved it was Barbie. Then she told me to make sure I get some more before we run out.

Then…in spite of the fact that they love the Rudolph car, only 2 days later (today), she told me the car was going to look stupid next to all the normal cars! I just had to laugh! Sorry hun but we’re probably going to sport those antlers til they hit junior high. We have 2 little ones to think about.

Then Kaitlyn last night made a snowman out of paper plates and wants to give it to her teacher, but she was worried about how to get it to her. I naturally said “Well, you just carry it in and take it to class.” Her response: “But everyone’s going to stare at me.” I can identify all too well. I told her I always felt like that when I had to take something to school too, even in high school. But she at least seemed willing to carry it anyway.

And now they are learning those silly hand games that I remember playing in elementary school (Remember Say Say My Playmate?).  It's funny seeing them do stuff that I remember doing.

So they are growing up a little bit. I guess it’s okay to like Hannah Montana, but I’m not ready for boy crazy crushes. Please tell me Justin Bieber’s not next!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, when they start liking Justin Bieber, it's time to stick your head in the microwave. Bella hasn't discovered him yet and I'm sooo thrilled!

    I love all those childhood hand-clapping games. I taught one to Bella (Miss Mary Mack) and she had a blast teaching it to her friends!

    ReplyDelete