Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just How I Want It, If Only For A Moment...

I have so many things to write about but I haven't had much time to do it. So much to do to get it all done before the holidays.  Friday night I got the house all cleaned up and finished putting out the garland on the railings.  So many beautiful Christmas decorations but they barely stand out because of all the mess and clutter.  But for about an hour on Friday night it was picture perfect.  At least in the living room.

So I'm putting it here so I can look at it and enjoy the stillness and the beauty during all the chaos and the usual mess.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I do the same thing. I clean the house after the kids go to bed. Then before I go to bed, I walk through the house and enjoy what my house *could* look like (were it not for the five little tornadoes that tear through it every day.)

    I love your tree and mantle. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess......the stockings were the first that had to go! LOL! This year we still decided not to hang those up on the mantel because I would like to spend my Christmas at home and not in the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what - I was terrified of the stockings but Mackenzie just started hanging them up. Ashley did pull one down and luckily it kind of just brushed her. Could have broken her nose! But they really haven't touched them since and that was over a week ago. So I guess they're okay, knock on wood! They've even left the tree alone for the most part! It's a Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same exact thing...every night before going to bed, I do one last clean-up and then I sit there and admire how nice everything looks. Well, except for the fact that we have cement floors right now but aside from that.

    Your decorations look beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete