Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ashley & Reagan's 4th Birthday!

Well, we are officially completely out of the baby stage. And I have to say it is wonderful! That is not to imply that life is smooth-sailing but so different now that all kids are full-fledged semi-big kids.

Saturday Ashley and Reagan celebrated their 4th birthday! Where else than at Chuck E Cheese? And it was their first "friend" party too. Here are some cute highlights from the day:


First Ashley. She LOVES Chuck E Cheese. She makes a b-line for him every time when she first walks in the door. It doesn't matter if it's the robot Chuck E or the real guy walking around. In fact, after she gave a high-five to the real thing, she took off and did some sort of victory lap around the eating area. But now let me ask you, in my attempt to get a picture of her smiling face with Chuck E in the background, this was the best I could do. Is this not the creepiest picture ever? She looks like she's running in terror from some really creepy giant mouse! I think she was just jumping around (90 miles an hour - her usual speed) and it was at the same moment Chuck E looked this way out of the corner of his eye. Like I said...creepy! 


And then she has to climb all over the camera-thingy. No wonder the manager later told her she couldn't play with it.


I have to say Ashley is a bit of a nut and she was in true form at her birthday party. I really wanted a picture of her in her Chuck E birthday crown but she would NOT let me take it. She would turn her head and bury her face in the seat and run away, all to avoid having her picture taken. She even covered her face with it once, but then in just the right moment, I got THIS picture! 


But have her smile with her cake, no problem! Oh, and do I mention her birthday card that had glitter on it? She wanted the glitter off of the card so while people were playing games toward the end of the party she was running around with her card and rubbing it all over everybody and stuffed animals and the CEC floor to get the glitter off. Interesting.


And now Reagan posing with Chuck E. She had a good time and went around and did all her games all by herself. Reagan is turning out to be very independent, just like big sister Mackenzie. I have to admit I don't have all the nutty stories on Reagan for the day like I do Ashley. Just a sweet girl who had a great time at her birthday!


I thought this was cute - just happened to see her perched on this firetruck.


Reagan is also more cooperative, let's say, when it comes to picture-taking. One pose with crown off, one with crown on and pizza sauce all over her mouth.



Okay this was just hilarious. The ticketblaster! Those goggles look so funny first of all, and then they turn it on, and Ashley just holds up her hands and has the strangest look on her face for the entire time she was in there. She barely moved, hands were apart, and never once did she actually try to grab a ticket! When they turned it off, there was one ticket kind of tucked under the top of her goggles, right between her eyes! It was hysterical. And then she came out and was upset and said, "I wanted to catch one!" But she never once tried to actually grab one! We were all standing in front of her making grabbing movements with our hands hoping she would catch on, but she was oblivious.


Reagan fared slightly better. As you can see she at least attempted to grab and managed to catch a few tickets.


The girls both had a great time and got lots more toys to add to all the things they have but don't need. But birthdays are birthdays and we all deserve to be spoiled on our birthdays. I think the favorite items of the day were these Chuck E Cheese balloons. They have taken on their own persona, except that Ashley was so rough with hers he didn't survive past the first day. Reagan's Chuck E is still daunting our home with his presence.


So happy birthday to my precious Reagan and Ashley! Hard to believe they are FOUR! I honestly never thought I could see that far ahead and yet here we are.

3 comments:

  1. I know they I am only 8 mos away from this, but Wow! Four year olds! That seems so big to me. You really don't have any little kids. I have to admit , right now I'm looking forward to bigger kids.

    Yes, that picture is crazy-creepy, Run Ashley! Run!

    Isn't it interesting to see their different personalities? So funny how differently two girls can behave in the exact same situation.

    Your girls are just adorable! Happy birthday to Ashley & Reagan! And happy birthday to Mommy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Congratulations with the little girls turning four! I have to agree the worst is behind you. Got your email and wanted to drop you a note. I have a public photography blog that you are very welcome to visit. I still love to keep up with your girls. Just been so busy lately with sick kids and getting a few projects finished around the house. Nice to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete