Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mommy/Mackenzie Day

So we held our 2nd bi-annual Kaitlyn/Mackenzie day. This time Mike and I traded. He took Kaitlyn to Rainforest Cafe, ice skating, and to Gattitown (someone's trying to one-up me), while I took Mackenzie to Souper Salad, Build-a-Bear, and Maggie Moo's.

It is one of the greatest things ever. True quality one-on-one time. I love just getting to spend that time with Mackenzie without other kids to yell at, be interrupted by, her to fight with, etc. Just me and her. I think this is a great tradition we have started. It's nice not to have to be the enemy all the time and it feels really good to let one child feel like they're the only one in the world for a few hours. 

For now we are just doing the big girls. Maybe we'll add the little girls in when they are kindergarten age.

In the meantime, here is our day with my fun-spirited Mackenzie:


Reminds me of a two-bottle trick I once saw someone do, but we won't go there. She ended up getting two drinks because the drink machine was bad.


Mackenzie chose to build a Brittany Chipmunks doll. Here she is...wah-lah!


And Mackenzie's favorite part of the day, and perhaps her favorite thing in the whole wide world...ICE CREAM!


Oh yeah, and we bought a couple pairs of shoes too.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this idea. We've done dates with just the older twins since the younger ones have come along but have yet to do individual dates. I figured when they were older, but now that I think of it, you are right, Kindergarten is a good age to start at. Hopefully in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete