Well if I had read it my first thought would have been California Pizza Kitchen. But no - It's Cabbage Patch Kids! My mom is clearing some things out and came across my Cabbage Patch Kids. Yes, I was a child in the 80s during that peak time when parents where spending $200 a pop for a cabbage patch kid for Christmas. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing that might have been the first time parents really started acting a little psycho over getting THE TOY for their kids for Christmas. But don't you know I had to have one. I really didn't like baby dolls, but I really liked playing Barbies and I LOVED my Cabbage Patch Kids! They were real, too. They went everywhere with me and had new clothes every day and were put down to bed at night. They even wrote love notes to our hot lifeguard babysitter that my mom found. Hilarious!! My mom was a bit horrified. (We were about 10 yrs old so we knew enough to be a little juicy - I'm sure our babysitter was completely impressed with our disguised flirtations.)
Sabina Gabrielle was my first. My step-sis and I played ALL THE TIME with our ugly little babies. Then I got another and still played with her. Then out came the preemies. Of course I had to have one. And then I was good but someone still gave me another. But who would have thought I would one day have 4 daughters? So I decided to take them. The little girls really like them and Mackenzie and Ashley really enjoyed dressing them in all their different clothes. So it's cute. They really are a keepsake. I always think my mom kept too much of our stuff, but these really are a bit of a treasure for me, and I actually have one each to pass down to my kids from my own childhood.
Your Cabbage Patch doll wrote love letters to your hunky babysitter? That is hilarious!! and yes, I'm sure he was very impressed ;-)
ReplyDeleteCPK, my first thought was a blood test but I guess that is what I get for working at a hospital. My twins will be 4 on saturday, it is so much fun to read about other twins thanks!
ReplyDelete