Monday, February 14, 2011

Men Truly ARE From Mars and Women From Venus


In honor of Valentine’s Day…

I love my husband. Yesterday was our 12th anniversary. We’ve had a great weekend. Nothing too big this year, but a nice evening out on Saturday. Today is really more for the kids.

But I do have to say, while we are in sync on the big things in life, I think we are so out of sync on many of the little things. And I can only explain it by the book I read so long ago, that “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.”

Without going into what prompted this post completely, let’s just say one thing I cannot understand is the way my husband schedules his time. And I cannot get him to change. Every Saturday (or day off), he wants to go run or workout. Great! Love it that I have a man that wants to stay fit! You’d think that he’d want to get that over with first thing. Nope. Just as I and the kids are done with our morning stuff and ready to get up and moving and out of the house for the day, it never fails. THAT is the time he is ready to go run or workout. He will not do it first thing. I repeat, he will NOT do it first thing.

So we just got home from gymnastics, ready to have our Valentine’s Day lunch with the little girls while the big girls are at school, and he is in the driveway getting ready to head out for a run. I thought we were going to lunch! Now instead I have to kill an hour’s time with 2 hungry little 3-year-olds while he does his thing and then cleans up.

So I give him the evil eye as I’m pulling into the driveway. He gives me all the many many reasons why he is just now going to run. Reasons are reasons. I get it. But it still bugs me.

So hopefully in venting about it I will get over it and go on with my Valentine’s Day. After all, we did have a great weekend, and I have the most beautiful roses I have ever had, and a singing balloon to boot!


But even when love is grand, I am quite sure we are from different planets.

2 comments:

  1. Those roses are beautiful and so is that picture!!! What a good looking couple-- and I love the way he is looking at you!!

    Yes, I also feel like my husband and I have a good relationship and are generally in sync, but there are one or two things that I will never 'get' about him and he will never 'get' about me. Oh well. Vent, get it out and enjoy the rest of your Valentine's Day!

    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of the two of you!! I'll never understand anything about my husband, honestly. I struggle on a daily basis to let go of the wonderment of how men operate.

    ReplyDelete