Reagan and Ashley have finally caught onto playing dress up. They are loving our old Belle and Cinderella dresses. I’ve been waiting for them to catch on to the Disney Princess stuff, and here we are.
They are just too too precious!
And last week, on our snow day home from school that didn’t snow, they watched Cinderella for the first time. They were captivated.
And while we watched, I couldn’t help but feel déjà vu from when I first showed Cinderella to Mackenzie and Kaitlyn. And of course, the same scene made me well-up in tears. When the fairy godmother appears I get so emotional! How ridiculous is that?
I’m a bit insensitive in so many areas but when it comes to music, children, and Disney, I get very emotional. So what got me about the fairy godmother? The first time, I remember feeling overcome by the feeling that my big girls were indeed that – big girls who I was sharing this part of childhood magic and make-believe with. They were no longer babies and I got all choked up.
This time, I was ready for it. I’m immuned to princess movies now. But then I did it again! Why this time? Because here I was having this experience again, but it will be the last time.
I’ve been thinking about it all week. Ashley and Reagan are running around in princess dresses. Here we go – 2 or 3 years ahead of us full of magic. But then that’s it! How quickly it passes!
My big girls don’t play princess anymore (though I think they were inspired last week and I got a shot of my four princesses).
But it's becoming a rare thing. I think it’s mostly because they don’t have time since they started elementary school. But how did they lose interest so fast? One month we were at Disneyland at the Princess Dinner in hog heaven and one season later they were in school and it just stopped. Those days are already gone! And when they were here I was knee-deep in twin babies. Did I fully appreciate those years? I don’t know. Probably not fully. How could I have? I was stretched beyond capacity. But now I am sad. Those days are gone for the big girls. Now they’re one step away from Beiber Fever!
So here we go with the little girls. Don’t pass too fast!
Speak of the devil: Reagan just handed me the Belle dress to slip on her.
Here are Kaitlyn and mostly Mackenzie in their many princess pictures. In all honesty, Kaitlyn never did do the princess thing a lot. She would always play the role of the prince while Mackenzie got all dolled up.
The big girls...when they were little...











Too precious! Love it. Mine are still wearing their dresses; but who knows for how long. Kindergarten in beckoning in the fall! Where did the time go? I'm enjoying this time with them as much as I can. Hindsight is always 20-20, right?
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love the one of them sleeping. I guess I should treasure this time before it slips through my fingers huh!
ReplyDelete