Monday, February 28, 2011

And So It Begins...

I suppose that title could apply to a lot of things. But in this case, I'm referring to the "I'm now a mom of 4 kids who are all in activities that I shuffle about all over the place."  I've actually always envisioned myself in this stage. I like it, though I must admit, it is still hard keeping up with the little girls at the big girls' activities. We recently dropped an activity to only one a week for the big girls and it has made a huge difference in my stress level! Who would have thought? But that's only temporary.


But, after watching their big sisters in all their ventures for the last three years, finally the little girls get their turn to participate. I think gymnastics is a great place to start! Perfect for their coordination and energy level.  We've been going for about 6 weeks now. They love it, when they listen to their coach.

It's funny - her name is Coach Peggy. They like to call her Miss Peggy, which often sounds a lot like Miss Piggy.  I'm sure that's why Coach Peggy prefers to be called "Coach." So I keep trying to retrain them and instead it comes out Miss Coach Peggy.  It's cute.

And Reagan calls it "gym-nack-nack."

I still have to sit out there with them and make sure they are behaving, so no rest for me yet, but it's nothing like having to entertain them in the lobby for an hour!

"Ta-da! We're big girls now!"


4 comments:

  1. Wow! What big girls-- taking gym-nack-nack. Yeah, we are definitely going to be spending a lot of time running in the coming years, but like you said- we will not have to be responsible for entertaining them.
    Love the new blogsite! What gorgeous pictures of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! They are so cute. I now have my kids attending ballet, gymnastics and violin and they asked me if they can once again go for swimming lessons. I thought when ballet draws to a close end of May we can do swimming lessons in the summer, because three trips a week is enough for me right now. I realize it is only going to get worse as they get older and its their last year in preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I'm always amazed at how in tune our lives are with one another. I just posted on my FB page the other day about how mothers with 4 or more kids handle extracurricular activities! Our schedule is so hectic now that all 4 kids are involved in stuff! And yes dragging the little twins to the big twins' activities is pure torture. Today, Cole had a drawing class and the instructor was nice enough to say that Bella and the little twins could stay. I could tell he regretted that decision about 5 minutes later when Garrett wouldn't stop walking over to him and saying things like, "My mom said I can go on an airplane" and "Do you Buzz Lightyear?" OMG, pure craziness! And then Landon spilled water all over one of the drawing tables.

    But on the positive side, yes things are crazy right now but with very little down time, there's hardly any room for them to complain about being bored, right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that I am just finding you? Hooray for Helene for an awe-inspiring post and I caught you in the comments.

    Happy new follower...
    Your girls are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete