I have so much to blog about I cannot keep up! I've been writing down stuff for months now - better get it out there before it doesn't even mean anything anymore.
Mackenzie is growing up quickly. It’s kind of fun but I’m also not sure that I like it. She’s picking up all kinds of slang at school. Here are some examples of some funny or surprising things she has said recently.
First she tells me that she’s already starting to be kind of like a teenager and that she’s not into certain things anymore. And her outfits are starting to look much more grown up, though I'm still trying hard to keep her from wearing so much of the clothes in the big girl size because most of it looks like garbage. She has asked for fake ripped jeans (interesting concept). Oh, AND pajama jeans which I vetoed immediately!
A few weeks ago in the car she was talking about something and there was a “discrepancy” between her and Kaitlyn. Mackenzie turned out to be right and she snapped back with “oooo, so busted!”
Last weekend I ran next door to drop something off at the door. Literally for 2 minutes. All my kids were watching TV. When I got back she asked if I left them all alone. I said yes. She shouted, “Oh my gosh! You’re a BAD MOM!” I guess she’s entitled to her opinion. Seemed fine to me.
When she was helping me hang birthday streamers, she messed up on one of the pieces of tape and said “Whoops! My bad!” What? Where is she getting this stuff? And isn’t that something people said in the 90’s?
She also needed me to move out of the way and jokingly said “Hey – move it sister!”
The new word of the week by the way is “dufus.”
And lastly, over the holidays, at the doctor’s office,
But at least I had one saving moment a few months back. She told me someone at school got in trouble for saying the H word and the B word. I asked if she knew what those words were. She answered, "Yes." I am freaking out at this moment. I have tried SO hard to keep bad language from them. Then she answered "Hate and Booty." Oh hallelujah! I dodged a bullet....for now.
But at least I had one saving moment a few months back. She told me someone at school got in trouble for saying the H word and the B word. I asked if she knew what those words were. She answered, "Yes." I am freaking out at this moment. I have tried SO hard to keep bad language from them. Then she answered "Hate and Booty." Oh hallelujah! I dodged a bullet....for now.
That was a funny post to read. This is something I dread as my girls get older! But what can we do - teach them right from wrong as best we can in my opinion. Hubby and I also decided to keep them at the Christian Academy they are currently enrolled. We'll see how it goes!
ReplyDelete