Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bald Spots

I have a long line of posts just waiting to be written, but after yesterday this one had to be moved right up to the top of the list.

As if it isn't bad enough that Reagan has a gash on her eyebrow that is now healing, or that she skinned her forehead jumping from one chair to another.  No, no....it is much, much worse. 

Here is the post I was GOING to write.  I was GOING to write about how Reagan got kicked in the eye by Kaitlyn who was alledgedly practicing her tap dance.  I was GOING to write about how Reagan's top eyelid is now bald of all the middle eyelashes.  Broken blood vessels and missing eyelashes. I've never seen someone missing an entire section of eyelashes.



Is that bizarre or what?  But then, she had to go find some scissors, scale bed rails to retrieve them, and give herself a haircut that would MATCH her eyelashes!  (Not that that was her intent.)


Check out her new hairstyle - bald spot, right in the middle!  On the one hand, it's kind of hard to tell.  On the other, when you look at her, something just looks very funky.

How about a closer look?  I guess she was going for a buzz cut!



Since I'm definitely not shaving her head, we're just going to have to camoflauge her the best we can while it grows out.  With a bow in she just looks like she has a REALLY high forehead!  Right?  I'm just telling myself that.



Then this morning I thought of an even better fix....


All set for school!  Guess who went out and bought a few more hats today?  And guess who wasn't wearing hers when I picked her up?

I suppose if there IS a bright side, it is this.  At least her skinned forehead scab came off last night so that is one less mess up on her face.  And thank goodness for Easter bonnets!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I have never seen a child lose a section of eyelashes! Glad her eye is okay. With four girls, there was no way that you would be spared someone giving themselves an at-home hair cut. Really from far away, you can't even tell. She is cute enough to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about lots of self haircuts lately. Good thing hair grows back and she is little and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow-glad to know my kids aren't the only ones being crazy. They definitely don't have the battle wounds that this little one does though. She sets a high bar. It didn't look bad at all with the bow so she should be fine. And after all if she wasn't wearing the hat, she obviously doesn't care that much :)

    ReplyDelete