Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What's New At the Zoo?

My mom and I took the little girls to the zoo a few weeks ago.  Last time I went the zoo was working on quite a few improvements. I was happy to see some new animals finally!

Here are some moments from our day at the zoo!



The zoo carousel - Ashley rode a fish...




New giraffe exhibit (moved from a previous location). This giraffe kept trying so hard to catch these leaves with his tongue. Got a picture of his tongue reaching up but it looked gross so I spared you!



The ostriches are new...



The zoo finally has rhinos again!




Got a good shot of the tiger this time...my favorite animal...




We even caught the trainers getting the elephant to do tricks...



And this hairy beast is always there. Is he not the ugliest thing you've ever seen?


It was a fun day. The older girls were jealous, especially when they found out they had a few new animals. Looks like we will have to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Looks like fun (and you have some lovely snaps!). I wish we had a zoo near us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will loves the giraffes-- but their tongues always gross me out!! So funny that you commented on that!

    I love the zoo and I'm so jealous that you already have nice enough weather to take the girls there. I am itching to get out more!

    Love the picture of you and the girls. I am terrible about never getting in pics with my kids! That is a great picture for all three of you!

    ReplyDelete