Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I've had my camera now for about 9 months and I'm still learning how to use it. I never think about it til I'm actually using it and by then it's too late because I'm snapping fast and furiously at my crew.  So as the first buds of spring started sprouting, I decided to do some experimenting.

I love spring, by the way.  For the last month I find myself just staring at every single tree and plan within eyesight.  I love watching the little buds sprout out.

So here is my photo shoot of what's in my yard:


My blossoming pear tree we had planted last year. Unfortunately something is wrong with it.  It started off pretty but has since done just about nothing. Third tree in its spot - I'm telling you the earth is cursed where it stands!



Wax myrtle...the beastly tree...



Red-tip photinas...so beautiful when the red comes into full color (though already turning brown now).



Do you see the ladybug?



My azaleas...if only they lasted longer than 2-3 weeks. This was a week ago.  Today 2/3 of them are already on the ground....



Ashley and her flowers from the park she brought home to give everybody...



Crepe myrtle...leaves already full after a week ago...



A little friend that Ashley found...



Bottle brush...can you find the bee?



The Texas knock-out rose bush...best rose bush ever!  Do nothing and wah-lah...


Ahh...love it!  Color popping up everywhere...fresh air...warmth...cool crisp breezes...

Better enjoy it while it lasts!  We'll be smoldering soon...

5 comments:

  1. I love spring!! We haven't had as much bloom yet, but even just my daffodils make me smile. Their arrival each spring gives me hope that warm weather is just around the corner.
    Great pictures! I want a new camera, but fear that I don't have time right now to actually learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring too!!! Your photography is beautiful....love the lizard pic!!!

    I got a new camera last year and it worked wonderfully. But now, for some reason, it doesn't work as well, probably because the spawn keep using it without my permission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful yard! I love the pic of the lizard, really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo jealous. There's still snow on the ground (although not a lot) here in Ottawa. It will be at least another month until my gardens BEGIN to bloom, another two months before they look half as lovely as yours!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashely is getting so big...I miss all you guys

    ReplyDelete