Alright, in effort to expose my kids to everything and let them find their way in the world of talent, we have now embarked upon soccer. Of course, wouldn't you know it - you have no control over what day they practice and of course it ends up being on the same night as dance. But since dance is ending this week (recital Sunday!), that is only halfway through soccer season so we decided the girls could just suck it up and manage for a month.
And they really have! I honestly thought at least one of them would hate it, but so far they both are really enjoying it. It's been a much better experience than t-ball was. T-ball had no weekly practice, they stood around, and had no idea what they were doing or who their teammates were.
So soccer has been hot (especially with this record heat we've been having this April - not a good sign of the summer we're going to have), but they are having fun anyway.
Here they are at their soccer debut:
Mackenzie practicing at goalie...looks a lot like Pele!
Getting ready...
In the real game...oops...
We mustn't forget to practice our tap dance...
Now Kaitlyn....headed toward the goal...
You've got a clear shot - take it! take it! Oh wait - can't kick inside the circle. The rule follower stopped right at the edge and let it go, despite the many times all the other kids nailed it into our goal from a foot in front. But it makes me proud that she tries to follow the rules. I'm a rule follower too.
Ain't no ball getting past this child!
She does a great job getting in there and getting the ball...
Unfortunately, we've had to work on our sportsmanship. Anastasia and Drizella (I affectionately call them that when appropriate) got into it a few times - one even pushed the other down. Not good. But it's all been corrected now.
And as I was happily snapping away, what were the little girls doing?
Screaming, "let us out!!!!"
Can't say that I blame her. So I let them out. They at least proved that they could stay off all the fields. (A MAJOR turning point in my world.)
While Reagan spent most of her time crying because I wouldn't hold her, Ashley did a lot of spinning...
And falling...
Finally....Reagan got in on it...Some forward rolls...
Some sideways...
A little resting...
And then...
AGONY!
AGONY!
DESPAIR!
And then it was over.
Two happy girls proud of a good morning!
Oh what fun! It looks like they are really enjoying soccer. I love that Kaitlyn is such a stickler for the rules (I'm also a rule lover!!) And your little ones were good too? That's a good day!
ReplyDeleteYou did touch on something I have wondered about. Competition between siblings. My kids are very nice and gentle with other kids, but will knock their sibling over in a minute!
Good for you, letting the girls experience everything to decide what they like!
Really wonderful! That side way trick looks really scary! I think we will try out soccer at least once, because boy my kids love to run around! I get tired just watching them!
ReplyDelete