For 1st grade open house, the girls' classes made cowgirls that they had to make look like them and then write about themselves. They were posted on the wall and the parents had to guess which one was their child. Once I started reading, I knew without a shadow of a doubt when I got to my child's.
Here is Kaitlyn's (I knew it was hers because the hair has brown AND yellow):
And what she wrote:
In case you either couldn't see it, or better yet, could not decipher her spelling code, here is what it said:
"Howdy y'all. I'm a cute pretty always a happy nice first grader. I have blue eyes and goldish brown hair. My favorite hobby is drawing and coloring pictures. I love to make crafts. I enjoy playing Wii games. I have three sisters. One is in first grade and two are in pre-K. Who am I?"
And now for Mackenzie's:
And her writing:
"Howdy! I'm a cute cowgirl with glittery and shiny eyes. I have two friends. I love to dance. My favorite foods are chicken legs, spaghetti and carrots. I don't like mashed potatoes. I have short blonde hair and long bangs. I love fashion and Barbie dolls. I love my family. I like writing, coloring, math, science, social studies and out class. Who am I?"
Aren't those cute? I LOVE reading the things my kids write at school. Such insight to their little heads and personalities! It's funny too to see how different they are too - just look at the cowgirl faces. One is all dolled up (can you guess which one?) and one is plain. I think that's one good thing about separating them in school. When they were together in preschool, they would have done it the same and said many of the same things.
What a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteIt is funny that they are completely differeny, yet both adorable!
Omigosh, they are SOOO precious and so individual. :) LOVE their descriptions of how they see themsleves...you're doing a great job, mama!
ReplyDelete