Reagan is not my first very independent child. She takes after Mackenzie in this manner. BOTH are SO independent. A GREAT quality to have, though often difficult on the parent. They want to do EVERYTHING themselves. They are always jumping one step ahead of me, which can really drive me crazy.
However, they also do a lot of things on their own and for themselves, which can make life a little easier. Reagan gets herself dressed most days, puts on and takes off her shoes (a HUGE difference when you have a lot of young children), tries to brush her hair at times, gets food & drink when she wants it (NOT good), potty trained herself, but here is her latest:
She is barely 3 and can already swing herself! Wow! My older girls didn't do that til they were about 5 years old! Yea for Reagan! And yea for me as it gives me a break as well!
Reagan is also very coordinated and I've noticed she picks up things very easily. Last year she could hold a bat (not the proper way) and hit the ball off the tee over 50% of the time. Pretty impressive for a toddler!
I wonder what she will try to do next!
I just happened upon your blog. I'm twins squared too! I have 5 year old girls and 2 year old boys. Your girls are so beautiful!
ReplyDeletehttp://twincess.blogspot.com/
I have been trying to teach the quads to swing themselves for the last few weeks. No one has it down yet :-( That is big!! Go Reagan, go!
ReplyDeleteI am so envious!! I have one child who is extremely strong-willed when it comes to making decisions but I wouldn't say he's independent. None of my kids really are...they expect us to do everything for them. It doesn't help that my husband loses patience with them very quickly when they do attempt to do something for themselves. Like this morning, when Tim yelled at Cole for spilling his milk when he was trying to pour a glass for himself.
ReplyDeleteGood for Reagan...love the pics! She is so sweet!!!!