Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Magic Eraser

We have an eraser in our house that is even more magical than the cleaning product.

Kaitlyn was picking apart an eraser one day and collecting the tiny little pieces.  Of course I was overjoyed at the thought of these little pieces being scattered all over my house.  My curiosity got the best of me.  Naturally I asked why she was doing that.


Kaitlyn's reply: "One time, I sprinkled it in my hair...and I almost flew." 

Oh.  Silence.  I wanted to laugh so hard, but I didn't.  First of all, how do you ALMOST fly?

And then I was once again concerned that one of my children was going to try to fly and accidentally kill herself.  So being the good mom that I am, I had to make sure she understood, and yet I didn't want to squash her spirit.  So I said something like "well, just make sure you don't go trying to fly and jump off something and get hurt."

Kaitlyn: "No I wouldn't.  I would only jump off something if I knew for sure I was already flying.  Just in case." 

Whew!  Smart girl!  My baby would only do something dangerous if she knew she was already flying.  I guess I can live with that.

I wonder what would happen if I sprinkled some of her magic eraser in MY hair.  Maybe I would grow 6 more arms and get everything done that I needed to.  Hmmm...I might just try it....

3 comments:

  1. At least she didn't try flying! So creative, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when they come up with this stuff! So cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glimpses inside those little creative minds! Let us know is she does take flight!

    ReplyDelete