Monday, April 18, 2011

Bluebonnets - Best Trip Yet!


Well it was a far cry from last year's disaster in the wildflowers.  First of all, I wasn't going to let the hubby come. I was going to bring my mom instead.  He is never happy when we go to the bluebonnets.  For some reason standing out in the heat and driving around back roads with no idea where you're going and when it will end, with whining hungry kids, who then won't cooperate or be still for the pictures while trying to avoid all the other masses trying to do the same thing and make it look like you're in the solitude of the country, just doesn't bring out the best in him.  Needless to say, when he asked if we were going this year, I told him I had to think about it.

After gently telling him he had a bad track record for bluebonnets, especially last year, he promised to be on good behavior.  So we gave it one last try.

And what do you know?  Hubby got an A for the day!  And so did everyone for that matter!  It helped that the little girls are finally able to understand about cooperation and bribery.  It also helped that after going 6 times we finally learned to go with a plan this time.  Drive straight to the site (which was easy because the bluebonnets were scarce this year so we researched it ahead of time and knew exactly where we wanted to go).  Don't drive along the bluebonnet trail (an hour long winding roadway).  End with ice cream.

So here are our wonderful, fabulous pictures that were so, so worth it!

First we went to an out of the way park to eat lunch and stretch our legs.




Then onto the bluebonnets. Can you believe they are all looking and smiling?  I just wish Reagan's hat were pulled down. The whole point was to cover up her bald spot. And by some miracle she AND Ashley both kept their hats on!



 

A little silliness...














The next one's my favorite...



In case you're wondering how we got everyone to all look and smile at the same time...meet Wendy!  Our unplanned mascot for the trip.  She turned out to do a great job, so we gave her own photo shoot as well!






Can you find the missing twin?  Look closely...



We were actually at a historical site and they have now built all these cute little buildings which made for such great picture-taking AND gave the kids more to do than just sit in the flowers.



Hold hands and pretend that you love each other...Good job!



First picture ever of the little girls posing like this! Finally!



Can I just say I love, love, LOVE this picture!




This one of Kaitlyn looks like a professional photo backdrop. It almost doesn't even look real.









And to finish off the day a trip to Blue Bell Creamery (the ice cream of the south). Unfortunately they do not give factory tours on weekends, but they DO serve ice cream!  Happy kids!





And last but not least...good to the last drop!  I think Blue Bell needs to pay me for this picture.


It really was a great day! Not sure if we'll keep going every year. The kids are kind of outgrowing it. Plus I don't know if I'll ever top these pictures!  Happy Spring everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Oh there are quite a few pictures you can put on a canvas. Beautiful! And I would love to see that myself one day! I love blue flowers! I think fields of wildflowers are every photographer's dream (amateur or professional)! I'm planning a trip to Biltmore Estate just to take pictures of their gardens this year. Yes, that is how much I love it! Who cares about the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The odd thing is that my pics are actually a lot clearer than they show up in the blog?? A few of them are perfect images! Anyway, yes, sometime I'd like to go back and just photograph the fields and flowers without 4 moving bodies to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures!! Your girls did a great job. Will was looking over my shoulder when I looked at them and he thinks Kaitlyn looks like my Paige. He said it every time there was a picture of her, "There's that girl that looks like Paige." I don't necessarily see it, but they're both adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm blown away! You have taken some WONDERFUL photographs. Absolutely gorgeous! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, all those pictures are beautiful!!!! I can't believe how many pics you got of them sitting perfectly still and smiling! I'm so envious!!!!!!!!

    I especially love the one of all 4 girls walking in the field with their backs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the girls are getting so big!!!! we found beautiful flowers at the brenham airport ...

    ReplyDelete