First, last month we had a babysitter. A sweet, young girl from our church. Before we left she followed the kids and I back into my bedroom for something. It was when we got home that I realized a pair of plastic handcuffs (from Kaitlyn's police costume - I promise!) had been laying on my pillow! While the kids had dragged it out of the costume drawer and were playing with it, I can only imagine what she was thinking when she saw it on my pillow (where they conveniently chose to leave it)! Mike said it was best for me to let it go and not say anything.
Second, a couple weeks ago one of the big girls told me that girl dogs have blood in their urine, according to a source at school. Why didn’t I just say “yep, they sure do!”? Instead I ended up telling the girls a bit more than they need to know right now. I hate when I do that!
Third, the big girls found a pack of tampons. MONTHS ago my mom gave them my old drill team caboodle (tackle box) that I took with me to all events and competitions. She thought it would make a great Barbie accessory case. Well, given the way things sit around my house for 6 months before they ever get put together or used as intended, the caboodle sat in their closet for probably that long. Just recently I realized they were getting a bunch of bobby pins out of there. No big deal I guess. Then last weekend, as I was cleaning up the second broken glass incident of the week, one of them interrupts me and shows me what the other has found - a tampon with instructions, diagram, and all! Oh boy. I don’t want to repeat saying too much as in the case of the girl dog story, but don’t want them being really confused or weirded out or anything either. Not sure how to handle it. I’m sure by the time I make this post I will have already addressed it further and will regret what I say, no matter what I say. It's hard to find the right balance between saying too much that they are not ready for yet still giving them honest truthful answers.
Still, even though they might be scarred for life, it was funny! All kind of reminds me of something I would see on Modern Family!
Haha!! The handcuffs cracked me up!
ReplyDelete