Great news! I am officially announcing that ONE of my twins, Reagan, is potty-trained! And I hardly did a thing! I'm not used to this. And I don't think she's going to regress either. In fact, she kind of already did which is why I haven't given a potty training update in a while.
Around November, she made a mess trying to go by herself at school and quit going for about 2 months. I didn't bother too much about it and just tried to encourage her when I could. (NOT going to engage in a power struggle over potty training. Been there, done that. Backfired as every parenting book will tell you.) When school started back again after Christmas, she started going potty again. By week 2 her teacher asked I send her in panties. She resisted (wanting to stay in her pull-up), but I just told her that her teacher wanted her to wear panties. So I bought her some new ones, again, and we haven't looked back!
She has an accident about once a week, but that's all! She goes on her own sometimes and sometimes asks for help but I almost rarely have to remind her. Her clinginess has been hard, but otherwise she has been an easy child!! Love all my kids but one that has a willing spirit AND is independent is nice too.
As for Ashley, she used the potty for the first time on her birthday, despite the many many times I had put her on it before. Apparently singing Happy Birthday to her during a meltdown is what I needed to do. Since then she’s peed in the potty maybe 6 times. Not a lot, but hey, a month ago it had still NEVER happened.
So my plan to not do very much has worked pretty well I think. It helps too that they don't have a summer birthday with impending school starting like it did with my older girls. I would probably be stressed out with Miss Ashley if I were expected to have her going to school in her undies in another month. Thankfully we still have 7 months before I need to worry about that. And progress is progress no matter how slow.
Great news!!! Congratulations to Reagan and Mommy! You only have one child left, then you will be diaper free-- living the dream! I'm trying not to stress about the potty training. Hopefully mine will handle the majority of it themselves like Reagan.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was out most of this weekend, so I wasn't on the computer much, but I did nominate your blog as my favorite "multiple multiples" blog. Love hearing about your lovely family!