Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A 3-Year-Old's Perspective

Three's a funny age.  Reagan has said some funny things lately.


At Target they have those big signs hanging from the ceiling.  The other day there was about a 7-foot sign of a corn-on-the-cob.  The little girls thought it was really cool.  I asked, "how long do you think it would take to eat that?" Reagan paused for a minute, looked up and said, "about 10 minutes."  

Then, due to a cold, she suddenly had a cruddy sounding voice.  She looked at me and smiled and said "I'm talking like Rick!"  Rick is her granddad, - my step-dad - a retired basketball coach who yes, has quite the raspy voice after a lifetime career of coaching.  

Today she walked through the room while I was wrapping birthday presents and watching the train wreck otherwise known as this season's Bachelorette.  She looked up at the TV at one of the bachelors and said "That guy looks like Coach Matt." (Her new swim teacher.)

I'd say she's one smart girl to make these correlations!

Ashley must be a smart cookie too.  Today during her swim lesson, the infamous Coach Matt was so pleased with how she was doing that he backed way up in the pool (except he was about 7 feet from the side).  So he backed up long ways, but still not too far from the edge. Make sense? If only I could draw a diagram.  Ashley wasn't too sure about that til she came up with a great idea! She said "I know!" And she ran around to the side of the pool and jumped in, swimming the short way.  How could you do anything but chuckle?

It reminds me of the time when Kaitlyn was learning to swim - the teacher asked her to get the diving rings off the third step.  Even though she was deathly afraid of putting her face in the water she smiled and said "no problem!" She very carefully slithered her little foot down there and stuck her foot through and picked it up! You gotta give her credit! She did what was asked AND still managed to keep her face out of the water.  Talk about resourceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment