A month of summer has passed, and the little girls have been home now for probably 7 weeks. I must admit at first it was going smoothly but I'm starting to need some mommy time, which I haven't had really any of in all that time. Well a few date nights but no time to myself.
Anyway, at first I thought I could get a lot done since we weren't going so many places. I thought I might even have MORE time since we would be at the house for longer blocks of time. But...after about a week of being at home, the fighting and whining started to escalate and I realized morning swim team wasn't enough to keep my kids happy and entertained.
So lately I've had to up the entertainment game, which is sometimes fun and sometimes tiring. It just depends. But when we're not away from the house "entertaining," here are some of the things the kids have been doing to pass the time.
Since we are not really using our floor mats anymore, Kaitlyn was making massive forts with them, getting more intricate each time. At first I thought it was a great activity until most of the day was spent with her screaming at everyone for accidentally knocking down the walls all the time. So I've had to put an end to the fort building. Or at least an end to the extreme fort building.
The girls often love to take seeds from fruit or out of the bird seed bag and plant them in our flower beds. We now have cornstalks adorning the front of my favorite bedding. Not exactly the look I was going for but the kids are very excited about the prospect of our own corn!
They made up a cool kids club and made me take a picture while they "posed." Don't they look cool?
The dog has received her fair share of humiliation.
A stuffed dog singing show was performed by all for the audience of me and their dad.
Reagan drew a picture of me. See? How could you not have known it was me? I am actually keeping this forever. I know it doesn't look like much, but there really is a head with eyes and a mouth, and she drew hair. Hopefully my hair looks better than that in real life. And a body. At first I thought she was joking but then I realized she really did draw a person and I thought it was just so sweet. She gave it to me with such sincerity that my heart just melted.
A little bit of sidewalk art...
Including a town that Kaitlyn drew. This was just a small part of her intricate little community.
Dressing up like kitties (and everything else you can think of)...
We took the kids to the small new science museum that's on our part of town. Since our family of 6 cost so much to get in, we decided to just get a family pass that works at the big main location too. So even though I'm not a big museum person, looks like we will be going more often this year!
The kids loved the dinosaur dig pit at the end (unfortunately not included in the membership).
We've also started going to the library (something I haven't done since BEFORE the little girls were born. It has taken this long to feel comfortable bringing them all. The last thing I needed bringing there was two babies or two screaming runaway toddlers). But it's been great. A great, FREE, and educational time-filler!
And of course, quite a bit of swim team! I can't imagine NOT doing swim team. It gets us out the door every day, is great exercise, and by the time we're back it's almost lunch time. Really helps make the day go by. And my little swimmers are building skills they can use for a lifetime!
Now it's full steam ahead to the big girls' upcoming birthday....coming soon!




I'm still undecided as to if I like having everyone together all day or not. I like being in charge of our schedule, but it turns out that means I am in charge of keeping everyone happy all. the. time!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're doing a pretty good job of keeping the girls happy. I hope you're managing to stay mostly sane while you do it!
I love the cool kids' club picture! They are too funny. That is a really good picture of you. The quads 'people' they draw don't really look like people yet. That was definitely a person-- Good job Reagan!
I hope you guys enjoy your holiday weekend!
The cool kids club picture is awesome!! I love the poses!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing the amount of entertainment it takes to keep 4 kids happy??? I was so desperate today I told a friend of mine to drop her kids off with me for the day so my kids would have others to play with. Really....like how come I have 4 kids and they complain that they have no one to play with? I don't get it.
Oh and I love the corn in the front yard!! It's definitely a unique look!!!
I love the corn in the front yard. That is the way it should be! LOL! Anyway I wanted to ask you to send me your email at boxofchocolates4@yahoo.com so I can send you an invite to view my family blog posts going forward. That is of course if you are interested.
ReplyDeleteI also started a public photo blog which you can join http://chasingyourdreamsphotography.blogspot.com/
I've decided after seeing "Boris" from Russia looking for "Small Girls with Swimming Goggles" I had enough of the public domain for our personal blog! LOL!
I should clarify - the corn is in the backyard! I'm pretty sure the homeowners association would have us uprooting it otherwise!
ReplyDeleteAs for the private blog, that's one reason I switched addresses (so our name wasn't on it) AND I took us off google search because I saw some concerning things come up and I wanted my kids off!