Kaitlyn and Mackenzie recently celebrated their 7th birthday! I honestly can't believe they are getting so big and so old. If they would ever just stop fighting with each other so much, I would thoroughly enjoy the stage they are in. But I digress.
They had a GREAT birthday. I think it might have been the best yet. The day started with Kaitlyn swimming the relay in the championship swim meet. We were up at the crack of dawn. Not the way you want to start out your marathon day, but then again, is there any other way when it truly is a marathon?
Then it was off to get ready for the party. They had their party this year at Sweet & Sassy. It's a salon for girls. I honestly never expected it to turn out SO cute!
Despite the big girls not wanting the little girls at their birthday party, Ashley & Reagan fit right in. ALL the girls were so sweet and had such a great time dressing up! It was so fun for me to see not just my girls but their friends all getting to be made to feel like princesses. What I thought was kind of froo-froo ended up being very rewarding for me. And of course Mackenzie and Kaitlyn were in heaven!
Here they are at the salon. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?
Friends who were waiting...Funny how they were all color coordinated.
Mackenzie all glammed up...
Kaitlyn all glammed up...
Ready for the catwalk. Mackenzie went first...
Kaitlyn came out leading the little girls...
Then she stayed for her own pose...
Later came the dance party. Mackenzie chose the Hoedown Throwdown (for all the Hannah Montana fans out there). Kaitlyn chose the Electric Slide.
Here are The Supremes...
Kaitlyn's cookie cake...
Mackenzie's cupcakes she wanted. On the right the pics are shoes, except we are missing one because of course they all fell out of the bag and into my purse just as I was ready to stick them on and serve. We recovered all but one that I found about a week later in the bottom of the abyss (otherwise known as my bag).
Ta da! It was a great birthday!! Look out 2nd Grade - here they come!





No comments:
Post a Comment