Tuesday, July 19, 2011

One-On-One Day!

A few weeks ago, after talking about it for nearly 2 years, we finally had Mommy/Kaitlyn Day!  I don't know why we haven't done it sooner but the big girls really need some one-on-one time with us and we finally managed to work it all out and fit it in.  Actually, Mackenzie also got to have Mackenzie/Daddy Day! But since I wasn't there nor have any pictures I will just have to write about her when she has her Mommy Day.  She did go with Mike though bowling and to play games at Dave & Busters.  They had a great day!

As for Kaitlyn and me, first I took her to Souper Salad and then to Build-A-Bear Workshop.  She of course got a dog (her favorite animal!), but I think it was one of the cutest dogs ever to ROLL out of that place! She picked a weiner dog, put it in a hot dog outfit, and then put it in roller skates!  (By the way, not only did I have to buy FOUR skates but also four SHOES so the skates would stay on - can you say "expensive?")  But it was worth it - such a smile on her face and even the store employees thought it was pretty cool!



After the dog was finally finished, we went over to this indoor play place called Stomping Grounds.  It was a great day and wonderful just to give Kaitlyn some personal attention. Things are so different when one child doesn't have to compete with the other kids. Now that we've started it hopefully we will be more committed to actually doing it. Probably twice a year.

Mackenzie had a great day too. I was VERY worried about coming home with this awesome dog.  I was relieved when I got home to see that she had won a big Smurf with all her tickets!  But when we switch next time and Mackenzie has HER Mommy Day, I'm pretty sure Build-A-Bear is going to be at the top of her list!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for one-on-one time! We have made sure to have some special time with Will. Rod mentioned starting with the quads, but I think maybe next summer.
    Build a Bear gets really expensive, but that was a pretty cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have two kids, but I agree, they are so different when they spend time alone with you! So much easier to deal with!! You almost forget about all the battles! I LOVE the roller skates. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete